Wednesday 27 June 2012

Getting started

 I have to start somewhere so... I am going to put some pictures of some of the things that I've made. Some pieces go back a few years but it makes more sense to start at the back and go forward.

I feel connected to each piece that I make, often because I've had the timber around for a while and  waited for the right time to use it, the right kind of project.

I had this piece of chestnut from Japan which I brought back to England along with some other nice timbers. The carcase is brown oak and the 2 rectangles are based on the golden section. I had a lot of help to make it as I had very little experience around this time of using machines and thinking joints out. Thanks Pete Legg. Not everybodies' cup of tea but good for some people like me.



No comments:

Post a Comment